Kevin and Kellys' trip to Montreal in August 2001
Here are some pictures from our 2001 trip to Montreal and the Laurentides
- Using our Bike SatRDay folding recumbents to get from the Montreal Airport to the Auberge Alternative.
- Matapat playing at the Francofolies festival in downtown Montreal.
- Our friend Charles went out of his way to spend time showing us parts of the city and explain how Quebec and Montreal folks live and work.
- We were especially interested in the everyday architecture of the city. You can see in these pictures people are used to living more closely together in Montreal than in cities in the US.
- Humorous pictures in the city. I especially like the "signs to you-ville".
- Montreal is a fantastic city for bicycling, with paths and routes and drivers who understand bicyclists.
- We ran into some IU students and their friends visiting Montreal during a weekend off from the CET program at Middlebury College.
- Here are some pictures from the Jean Talon Street Market.
- Here are some views of and from Mont Royal.
- Pictures from our ride on Le Petit Train du Nord rail trail in the Laurentides.
- Scenes from things we did near the trail.
- Camping sites along Le Petit Train du Nord.
- Pictures from the SPDTQ camp we went to in the Laurentides.
last updated July 8, 2002
See my digital pictures page for more...